Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 10, 2010

It started with a BALL…


Buy… buy… literally pronounce as it is - (booy).

I can always hear my son uttering this word while referring to a ball. one of his favorite toys… Everytime we go to the mall he runs for a ball and will never stop till he can take it home. As of now He has four (4) balls, two (2) small sizes and the rest is medium-size just right for his age.

A ball is almost everywhere. What took me to write about it??? Actually it should be “who”???  It’s Xyra – my officemate who gave me the idea.

Since when I was small… now I am big… Hehe! Kidding aside, I remember I had a ball… something I can play with even when I am alone ‘coz I grew up in a farm where I don’t normally have playmates around… When I went to grade school, I dreamt of playing ball games volleyball and basketball – even if it was regarded then as boy’s game. During fourth grade, that’s the time when I was given the chance to play Volleyball… I have a fun trivia about it… Since I’m still learning the mechanics of the game, when I tried to serve (service) I hit the ball with both arms instead of an arm only… That was the start and I didn’t stop till I was selected to play for Inter-school league in our town… And I can’t believe that I was also chosen to play for Unit Meet (Inter-town) but unfortunately after a week of strenuous training I got sick and was not able to play at the actual event…

From then on, Volleyball has been my main game, I may not be an expert on this but at least I know how… During my High School and College days and even after graduation I still play this and will always be playing this game if time permits…

At my senior stage in High School, I learned and started to play basketball though not as frequent as the first one… But during college, I became so active on this that I even joined the CBPA (College of Business and Public Administration) Team in PLM (Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila)… Wearing yellow jersey at all times to play for Inter-college competition within the University… Aside from the CBPA Team, I have also been an active member of JPIA (Junior Philippine Institute of Accountants) Basketball and Volleyball group, not to mention the Cheering Squad where no ball is involve… Hihi!

I really love to play a ball… (I don’t intend to give it a double meaning so I preferred to keep it in its singular form)… Haha!

Till this time I so love basketball… In my previous company, they owned a basketball team playing for PBL (Philippine Basketball League) where they had a record breaking six (6) straight season wins… I can still remember those days when I got the chance to mingle with some of the big-time PBA players today… 



For now, I am dreaming for Macoi… I want him to become a Basketball Player in the future… But of course I am giving him a choice as I love him much much more and incomparable to my love for a BALL…

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails