Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Warts Removal through Cauterization

Warts Removal through Cauterization

 

After I gave birth to my son Macoi, I have noticed a lot of changes on my skin. One of those is the warts which became visible from my face, neck and nape. I even have more at my chest area. I was told that this is due to the hormonal changes brought about my pregnancy.

Based on Wikipedia, a wart (also known as a verruca when occurring on the sole of the foot or on toes) is generally a small, rough tumor, typically on hands and feet but often other locations, that can resemble a cauliflower or a solid blister. Warts are common, and are caused by a viral infection, specifically by the human papillomavirus (HPV)[1] and are contagious by contact with the skin of an infected person. It is also possible to get warts from using hand towels or other objects used by an infected person. They typically disappear after a few months but can last for years and can recur.

Mine was the type of verucca vulgaris which is the most common type of warts. I am just so thankful that our company availed of a health card which covers even the removal of such. Last Saturday night, I took advantage of the opportunity. I was supposed to go to SM just as to but Coi's milk but when I get there I have decided to visit WellPoint. I have waited for more than an hour as I was 6th on the list but when the doctor checked on me after we obtain the charging approval, the procedure was done.

The warts were removed by means of cauterization; each wart was applied with topical anesthesia then pricked by a burning tip of an electric device. Right now I am in my third day, waiting the tiny wounds left by those warts to be healed.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails