Search This Blog

Monday, July 26, 2010

APC Swimming Getaway 2010

I guess it should have been entitled Summer Getaway instead only if it was done on the exact season. It may be a bit late but it is worth to be remembered. Thanks God for letting us enjoy the day. We had fun despite some petty challenges that we have encountered.

There were 24 buses rented for the event (including the spare). I was assigned to bus number 23 - the last bus to leave the office apart from the spare unit. We were initially instructed to leave by 6:20am but we left at already 7:30am. We were supposed to wait for ten (10) persons but only one (1) came.

Inside the bus are two (2) bus marshalls, one (1) first aider, one (1) security personnel, one (1) passenger, the driver and me as the Emergency Responsiveness Team (ERT) member. We were as if candies wobbling in a jar. We can sit anywhere we want, we can even lie down if we chose to as there were really lot of vacant seats.Imagine a 45-seater bus with only 7pax load including the driver. As we enjoyed the overflowing seats, we also took the liberty of getting the food allotted for 45 persons.

About 930am when we reached the venue. The place is nice and enough to accommodate our population except that we really can't position ourselves so close to one another so the arrangement appeared to be by group per facility. We're more than a thousand employees gathered there.

The program started with games, followed by bands playing (a band formed by employees and the one rented for additional entertainment), then a message from our General Manager. I guess the swimming started as soon as some of them arrived which was as early as 8am.

Lunch was set at around  11am. The food were abundant and teeming composed of Pork Adobo, Fresh Lumpia, Grilled Tilapia, Fresh Fruits and soft drinks. After eating, I decided to joined them swimming though I still don't know who will be my constant companions. When I had my outfit changed, I was invited by the group of HR personnel to come with them. And so we did the swimming, tried almost all of the pools around including the lazy river. We also enjoyed the Giant slides though we were scared at first. We had fun until we decided to get up from water at around 2pm. After which we packed up, had our PM snacks and immediately led ourselves to our designated bus ready to go home. We left the venue at around 3pm. On our way home, only five (5) of us were left on bus 23 as the first aider and the other bus marshall went home earlier. Floppy as it is and feeling so tired we just sleep on our way except for the driver of course.

I got home by 5pm, done a little unpacking and fixing of my things and I proceeded to sleep.-Sleep until Sunday morning. 

I enjoyed the event but I think I will enjoy it most when my constant buddies are around. I missed the "tropang utot" last Saturday.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails